Monday 27 March 2017

Spencer Park Trip

W.A.L.T Write an information report that informs the audience.

Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….
  • I use an opening statement that explains the subject of the report.
  • The opening statement is followed by sentences that describe the event; what you saw, what you did, how you felt, what you learnt.
  • Each paragraph focuses on a different aspect of the topic; travelling, the beach, the lagoon walk, playground.
  • A general statement about the topic usually rounds off the report.


A Trip To Spencer Park


On Friday Ako Ngatahi, Room 3 and Wahi Ako went on a school trip to Spencer park. We took a bus to Spencer park. On the bus I was bored and quiet and just wanted to get there because kids were being loud.

When we got there we were put into groups. I was put into group number three with Mrs Mclachlan. After that the teachers said we could go onto the playground. The first thing I went on was the flying fox. I only had one go because there was a huge line. Then I went on the big rope pyramid. I climbed all the way to the top I could see all the way to the wetlands.

Then it was time to go for the wetlands walk. On the wetlands walk I saw lots of birds. Some were hawkes, pukeko and white hearon.

After this, we went to the beach and saw lots of shells that came in all shapes and sizes and big bits and small bits of drift wood. Some of us saw a little centipede and a dead bird. I also saw a shell with flesh in it and a big bubble came out then it moved and liquid came out. Then we went back to the playground and got the bus and went back to school. On this trip I learnt that some things from the sea look weird and might hurt you.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a fun trip. What things look weird and might hurt you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about your trip to Spencer Park. You have used paragraphs well and made a great list of birds that you saw. You also had a thorough description of things that you saw on the beach. Keep up the interesting writing.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.